Thursday 18 July 2013

30 Day Chronic Illness Challenge: Day 19

Day 19: How do you feel about the future?

Mostly fine. I'm a bit of a worrier by nature - if there's the possibility of an issue I want to do all the thinking beforehand and inevitably the issue doesn't then arise and I feel pretty foolish. However, it just isn't in my nature to go along for the ride and trust in luck to see that everything straightens out in the end. It takes all sorts after all.

Oddly this personality quirk doesn't seem to extend to my health, a foible I'm very grateful for. One of the first things my diagnosing GP said to me was that Fibromyalgia degenerates with age - that fact is as certain as it is unavoidable. In my mind I could worry about the specifics of when and how this will come to pass, or I could do as I am doing and go forwards with the will to do as much as I can for as long as I can. I don't want to potentially reach an age where I look back and regret everything I didn't do with my former comparatively better health.

If anybody's seeing a pattern of a mulish attitude emerging in these answers, that's not a coincidence. I'm extremely stubborn, be it gift or curse.

(Alarmingly accurate given that I'm also rather small. Image courtesy of gelaskins.com)


Whatever the future holds, the gods of Fibromyalgia and Interstitial Cystitis will not be taking me down without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment